Are you tired of paying high utility bills and struggling to keep your home comfortable throughout the year? Actually, there’s a good chance weak HVAC performance and high utility costs are from your attic’s, garage’s, or crawlspace’s dirty air ducts. Leaky ducts account for up to 20% of your home’s heating and cooling energy losses.
If you notice high energy bills, infrequent heating or cooling, or stuffy, uncomfortable air in your home, it’s time to schedule duct cleaning services. Fortunately, G & G Heating can help!
Signs of Leaky Air Ducts
Look out for these signs of leaky air ducts:
- High Utility Bills: Leaky ducts could result in spikes in your energy bills, especially during extreme weather conditions.
- Inefficient Heating and Cooling: Some rooms in your home may never reach the right temperature, no matter how hard your HVAC system works, because the air ducts have clogged.
- Stuffy and Uncomfortable Rooms: Air duct leaks can also make your living space stuffy, uncomfortable, and trigger coughing, sneezing, or other respiratory issues.
- Wear and Tear: Attic, crawlspace, and garage ducts see the most wear and tear, making them more prone to leakage.
- Tangled or Kinked Flexible Ducts: If your ducts are twisted or kinked, it’s a sign that they need attention.
What Can You Do About Leaky Ducts?
Fortunately, these problems are not the end of the world. Here are some steps you can take to improve your comfort and save on energy costs:
- Run your HVAC system and inspect accessible ducts and joints.
- Seal any leaks with mastic or foil-backed tape, ensuring a proper seal.
- Seal around the area where the duct meets the wall.
- Never use duct tape to patch leaks. It can deteriorate over time and worsen issues.
Call the Professionals
Of course, sometimes it’s best to leave repair projects to the professionals. At G & G Heating, we handle all air duct projects using the latest technologies, tools, and industry practices. We guarantee smooth HVAC performance and clean indoor air quality with our services.
As experienced professionals, we specialize in
- Air Duct Installation: Insulating your ducts helps maintain ideal temperatures as air travels to different parts of your home, helping you conserve energy.
- Air Duct Testing: Our certified technicians can measure air pressure and assess how much air you lose from your duct system. Then, we’ll work with you on finding energy-saving products for optimal HVAC performance and reduce energy bills.
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ): Your family’s health and wellness rely on good indoor air quality. We can install ultraviolet (UV) lights in your ductwork to sterilize the air and eliminate bacteria, mold, and fungal spores.
By addressing leaky ducts and maintaining your air duct system, you can enjoy a more comfortable home and save on energy costs. For more information on air duct cleaning in Olympia, contact G & G Heating today!
Schedule Service Today!
Improve your home’s comfort and energy efficiency with our air duct cleaning services in Olympia, WA. Call 360-218-2467 today to schedule service. We’re available 24/7 to answer your questions, concerns, or emergency calls. Say goodbye to high utility bills and hello to a more comfortable living space!